Saturday, March 14, 2015

Happy Birthday Orin

 
We went to church and out for lunch nothing was said about Orin's birthday.  His birthday was discussed on the bus ride down Saturday.  Orin said, "How did you know it was my birthday?"  I just smiled.  So on Sunday the day passed by and no one wished this young man "Happy Birthday".  But we all knew that evening he was going to get a surprise.  Mike had asked several of the students how well they knew Orin because Mike wanted to share a special Honduran birthday tradition with Orin.  This was only the first day so everyone said I just not sure how he would receive a special birthday tradition.  So Mike toned it down a bit.  He put the two raw eggs in a sandwich bag and as everyone was singing Mike smashed the eggs on top of Orin's head.  The bag had a small leak and Mike got some egg on Orin's neck.  Orin was a great sport and thanked everyone for his birthday cake and even the eggs.  Later on in the week, Mike said if your birthday had been later in the week I would have given you two raw eggs without the sandwich bag. 
 
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
Psalm 139:13

No comments:

Post a Comment