Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Women's Bible Conference 2012

 
November 15, 2012 God blesses us once again with another Bible Study for the women of Choluteca, Honduras.  We renamed it this year from Pastor Wives Retreat to Women's Bible Conference.  We added two new ladies who are not pastor's wives but play a huge role in the ministry of North Carolina Baptist Men and Women of Honduras, Rosa and Naomi, Orfilio's wife.  There were nine of us total.  Egla did the translating for the two hour bible study on Peace in Jesus.  The first week of November I passed out the bible studies to the women and asked them to study and answer the questions in their study.  We also did not meet in a public restaurant this year.  We met at Pastor Pedro's church in La Ere Blanca, Choluteca, Honduras.  We asked him earlier in October could nine ladies meet to have a bible study.  He was delighted to open up God's house for this event.  Mike, Egla and I arrived at the church with Pastor Pedro awaiting us.  He had put two tables together with ten chairs and the tables were covered with white tablecloths.  His thoughtfulness continued as he shared he place the tables under the fans and near the windows for fresh air.  With tears in my eyes I was overwhelmed with gratitude of the thoughtfulness placed in preparing the room for the bible study.  His huge smile lightened my spirit.  I was so nervous about doing this with these lovely ladies as Pastor Pedro was nervous about having everything just right.  We both laughed and continue to work together to get the rest of the room ready for the ladies arrival.  Once all the ladies arrived we opened with prayer and Egla and Rosa lead us in a song  "Joy joy joy, peace peace peace down in my heart".  We played a game where you whisper something in a person's ear and it goes all the way around till gets back to the person who said it.  This ice breaker had us all laughing because I said to Egla," Mike and I have been in Honduras for three years as of December 28."  It got back to me as Praise the Lord. As we continued laughing we were all relaxing and getting ready to began our study on peace.  I asked a question in the beginning "What is peace and where do you find it?"  Rosa immediately answered Jesus Christ.  Rosa open up the floor for others to comment and this continued for two hours.  There was a time of personal sharing on how during hardships we can still find peace in Jesus.  I learned so much that day from these lovely ladies.  After we completed the study I provided lunch for the ladies.  We had hamburgers, pasta salad and fruit salad with a cookie.  Ice tea and water was served as well.  Thank you Mike for assisting me in the preparations of the luncheon.  While I was finishing up the bible study my wonderful husband and best friend was setting out the food on the table.  We enjoyed lunch and talked about our families and how to apply peace in our lives.  Also one of the pastor's wives said she will host the next bible study at their church.  Thank you to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for peace that transcends all our understanding..  I was able to give each lady a gift bag with a 365 day devotional, a mug with Peace in espanol "Paz", crotchet crosses, lotions, notepads, chap sticks, body soap and Evagi-cubes to help them when they are sharing the gospel with others.  Thank you to my God first and thank you to everyone who helped make this day an eventful and one where God was glorified.
 
"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.  I do not give to you as the world gives.  Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."  John 14:27  

No comments:

Post a Comment