Sunday, January 24, 2016

The Team Is One


 
The Coats team returned with five from last year, Jimmy, team leader, his wife Diane, his granddaughter Gracie, Laura, David and Kent.  This year Kent brought his daughter, Katherine, Elayne, Teddy and Ronnie.  A new team God formed and created a long time ago.  Team leader, Jimmy said the dynamics of the team changed several times.  God knew who he wanted this week to serve Edwin and Rosabella.  As soon as they completed the beginning prayer the team all scattered finding work to do to get to the point of laying the first block. Jimmy worked along side Pastor Carlos laying the cornerstones.  The rest of the team brought materials to the foundation to help the process along.  The ladies, Katherine and Elayne were not shy at all with picking up the shovel to sift the sand for the mortar.  These two new friends were not new at this project for very long.  They pitched right in to help Edwin and Rosabella get their dream home.  A home they have prayed for a long time.  We always enjoy watching the local pastors help their congregation as well. Pastor David helped each and every day until the project was completed.  What a testimony for all of us, team work.  Unity in Christ was so evident with this ordained group of people this week.  God's mighty hand was at work and these folks allowed for it to happen.  The North Americans as well as the local neighbors all came together to help a friend get a home.  This is exactly what Jesus would do, help others.  Team leader, Jimmy's first devotional was about loving others but he read a poem at the end which was so appropriate for a start to an amazing week.
 

Others — A Poem

“Others”
By Charles D. Meigs (written sometime between 1890 and 1902)
Lord help me live from day to day
In such a self-forgetful way
That even when I kneel to pray
My prayer shall be for – Others.
Help me in all the work I do
To ever be sincere and true
And know that all I do for you
Must needs be done for – Others.
Let “Self” be crucified and slain
And buried deep; and all in vain
May efforts be to rise again
Unless to live for – Others.
And when my work on earth is done
And my new work in heaven’s begun
May I forget the crown I’ve won
While thinking still of – Others.
Others, Lord, yes others
Let this my motto be
Help me to live for others
That I may live like Thee.
 

2 comments: