Saturday, October 27, 2012

Happy 50th Birthday Benny

 
On their second day in Honduras the team celebrated Benny's 50th birthday.  Actually Benny was a true servant on his birthday by helping prepare breakfast for his team along side Chuck Edmunds and Mike Grant.  But once we got to the job site and before the work began on the first day the word had spread to the Hondurans it was Benny's birthday.  The Hondurans sang to Benny and Santiago along with the rest of the Hondurans proceeded to give him birthday hugs. Later that evening the team surprised Benny with a birthday cake and his first Honduran birthday cake which is eggs on the head.  Mike for the first time could not actually put the egg and flour on Benny's head.  I cannot do this to an old friend who came with such kind words towards the ministry.  So Mike put the egg in a sandwich bag and blessed Benn semi Honduran style.  Also during the week Pastor Chris celebrated yet another birthday in Honduras.  In church on Sunday they called on the people with birthdays to come forward so the church could sing.  Benny celebrated his birthday  with Levy from Nicho's family down at the end of the path.  They all got the Honduran hugs for their birthdays.  What a way to celebrate your 50th birthday, serving the Lord with fellow believers in Christ.  Long ago God knew the plan He had for Benny's 50th birthday and what a wonderful plan our God had.
 
"For you created my inmost being,
you knit me in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made inn the secret place;
when I was woven together in the depts of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed body;
All the days ordained for me was written in your book
before one of them came to be."
Psalms 139: 13-16

No comments:

Post a Comment