Monday, March 31, 2014

Honduras Receives Hundreds of Baby Bags

 
 
In October of 2010 we started an additional ministry in Choluteca, Honduras.  We went to the hospital to deliver some medical supplies.  Mike and I had been coming to Honduras for over ten years and had not ever been to the local hospital.  The hospital according to our housekeeper, Rosita, needed items for the newborn babies at Choluteca hospital. 
If a team was coming and asked what we needed I would give them some options.  One was items for the newborns who were born in the hospital.  A lot of these little ones would go home wrapped in newspaper if their families could not afford an onsie or blanket. 
We started up in November and gave the hospital one hundred bags for the babies.  There is over two hundred babies born a month at this particular hospital.  So I committed to one hundred a month and went out on faith God would provide.  It was touch and go the first six months or so.  Now I have so many teams who automatically bring the baby bags each year they come back to serve here in Honduras.
In the picture above are three ladies who took this project on as their own personal mission.  I would like to introduce to you Martha, Theda and Patricia.  Not pictured here but help Patricia a lot are Carole and Ginger, not me, another Ginger.  These ladies go to yard sales, thrift stores, estate sales and any where they think they might find the items that go in the gallon bag.
The items they collect are beanie babies, onsies, blankets, cloth diapers with two pins and a spiritual track in Spanish. 
It has become a part of their weekly activities.  Their week is not complete unless they have found some of these items.  Well their ministry has started growing beyond what I can handle on this end.  They are making hundreds of bags just between them. 
One interesting note here, only one of these ladies has ever been to Honduras.  What an amazing testimony.  Four of these ladies may never seen the hospital their baby bags go to.  But they are not doing it for self gratification but for the glory of the Lord.  God laid on their hearts several years ago the need here in Choluteca, Honduras and they are being obedient to their calling.
Thank you ladies for making this additional ministry flourish and now we are able to deliver sometimes up to two hundred baby bags a month.
 
Jesus said,  "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these."
Matthew 19:14
 
"For you created my inmost being,
you knit me in my mother's womb.
I praise you beacause I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
My frame was hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place,
where I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed body;
all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."
Psalm 139:13-16
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment