Friday, May 21, 2021

Answered Prayer


 

All week I thought back on the first time I met Betsy two years ago.  This community called Tapatoca is  prominently Catholic.  Two years ago God laid on my heart to ask her where she was going to do when she died.  Her answer to me was "I am a Catholic".  I said this is not what I asked you.  Do you know where you are going to go today if you were to die.  Her answer to me was "No".  So Pastor Carlos at this point took over simply because I wanted to make sure she understood what she was saying about her future.  Wow, Pastor Carlos did a phenomenal job and was quiet blunt with her future as a Catholic. So two years past and here we are building her and her family a home, regardless of their faith walk.  BUT, all week I have been praying about asking her this question again and I did on the last day of her home being finished.  I called Meida to help me to make sure I did not say anything in Spanish incorrect.  Praise God Hallelujah she is my sister in Christ.  So two years ago the seed was planted and somewhere along the way she received Jesus Christ as her Lord and Savior.  Mike and I both said her entire demeanor was so much more pleasant this week. She was radiant and joyful, not just because she was getting a home. She simply carried herself very different and worked hard all week cooking these men very delicious meals.  Her hospitality was one of Jesus not man!!! Mike was finished with his opportunity, the roof, he came over and sat with us.  We were talking to Miguel, Jr and he is 11 years old and does not like school at all, but loves Math.  So we asked him what he liked to do.  He helps his father herd a gentleman named Pedro's cattle and loves to care for his two donkeys and one horse.  So this child may never go to school higher than the six grade but he will have a job to do as he gets older and it is one he truly enjoys doing, herding cattle with his father.  And when his father is at work as a security guard about two hours away for a shrimp company Miguel Jr will continue helping Pedro herd the cattle.  I truly enjoyed sitting there and getting to know them more personally waiting for the floor to be completed.  They have lived in Tapatoca their entire lives. After many years of renting from Pedro they are now going to have their own home on their own land.  After a delicious lunch  of chicken soup Pastor Carlos, Cristobal and Miguel built a small porch on the front door and the back door.  While they were working on this well the rest of us enjoyed another coke and rosqueses (which is a sweet cheese cracker with cinnamon on top) one of our favorite treats here in Honduras.  Betsy gave Mike and Pastor Carlos a whole tub of special cheese for making pupusas.  She was so grateful for all these men did for her and her family this week as she lavished us with her finest gifts of all, her love by gifting us her best, cheese and rosqueses.




No comments:

Post a Comment