Sunday, July 4, 2021

Monte de Horeb First Medical Team and Construction Team

 This blog will be the most unique blog I have ever posted in my twelve and half years in Honduras.  God spoke to me strongly this week at the medical clinic we had in Pavana and from two of the young people on the team.  I found me a spot where I would not be in any ones way as I started discretely taking my pictures of things unfolding in the medical clinic.  As I sat there I observed a  young lady come into the clinic and they directed her to Dr. Guadalupe's station.  I sat and observed the lady wiping tears from her eyes as she shared her story to Dr. Guadalupe.  The Lord spoke to me at this moment very strongly why do you take pictures of these beautiful people who come to the medical clinic with health issues or even personal issues.  Wow was that a slap in my face.  I always am very discreet with my photo ops and I always try not to put a picture out there with someone's face and the treatment they may be receiving.  The more I thought about this the sicker I became about all "The Photos" we as North Americans have to have and this is where the rest of my story unfolds as the week progressed.  We were circled up on the gift shop porch getting ready for devotionals and God moments.  Somehow the conversation swayed in the direction of how the ministry is ran and the expectations of the ministry.  Monte de Horeb Ministries is not like a lot of other ministries where we are definitely not a hand-out ministry but obviously two of our young people noticed something else about how the ministry is orchestrated.  Becky, from the construction team shared how these people are not our "showcase" for us to get all our photo ops.  I thanked Becky immediately and said "wow you get it baby girl".  The one which rocked my world came from the lips of a young man on the team who also was on the construction.  He shared how he almost did not come on this mission trip because of the way he perceived mission trips.  He said "would you come on a mission trip if you could not take pictures".  "This is not a zoo we are coming to this is ministry where we help others where they are in life" shared Tyler.  I looked at him and asked him had he read "The 40-Day Social Media Fast by Wendy Speake". He shared no ma'am.  I shared back with him this was a very similar  quote from this book.  I highly recommend all to read this book.  It will change your perspectives on life so much.  Oh this story gets even better.   Because there was two teams there was a lot of behind the scenes which had to be done so these awesome folks would have an awesome experience here in Honduras.  A lot of these people had not been on an international mission trip before and Monte de Horeb Ministries wanted to bless them with an amazing week serving our Lord and Savior.  So my only day at the medical clinic and house construction was the very first day.  I took "my pictures" as always and went on with our week.  I will share more about that later in this blog.  So Mike always downloads my pictures for me to prepare me for this moment of reliving each teams week.  About three days ago I enter into the office to get started and blogging the pictures of the week.  I noticed something unusual about the pictures there was not any from the medical clinic or the first day of the construction of the home.  I immediately asked Mike where was all my pictures I took the first day.  He replied, "I loaded what was on the camera."  Well folks I as a believer in Jesus Christ do not believe in consequences but I do believe God took care of my problem from the first day watching tears roll down this pretty ladies face which by the way I did not take any pictures of her or any more after my confrontation with God.  So many folks would call this work of Satan I call this God's hand in His work here at Monte de Horeb Ministries.  So guess what folks I have very little pictures of the medical team and guess what it is perfectly alright as Tyler said this is not a zoo and Becky said these people are not our showcase.  So this morning as I was praying how to do this blog this is what God placed on my heart to share with whoever is reading this blog today.   If you truly want to see what happens with Monte de Horeb Ministries the best picture you can take is the one which is placed in your head and your memories while you are here.  I encourage any one out there today who is reading this and want a life changing experience please come to Honduras and serve beside the folks at Monte de Horeb Ministries. 



I was humbled this week by one lady with tears running down her face.


No comments:

Post a Comment