Sunday, August 19, 2012

Woship Dedication and the Washing of the Disciples Feet


The team enjoyed the worship service on Sunday and numerous nights of devotionals.  The last night team leader, Steve had the devotional.  The evening was washing the feet of the workers, Honduran and North Americans feet.  The scripture out of John 13:1-7 was read and then Steve proceeded to wash each team members feet.  This is such a humbling act of service.  Egla one of the team members shared how breathtaking this was to have her feet washed.  The last night of devotional, Randy shared another breathtaking ceremony.  We were all sitting in the living room of our home waiting to have devotional and he asked each of us to come to the kitchen. With puzzled looks we all entered the door of the kitchen to see sitting on the bar a plate of broken bread and a glass of grape juice.  We partake of the Lord's Supper. Katrina read Luke 22: 14-30.  It was special for Mike and I because we had not been able to be with the team this week.  Finally we were apart of the team. Randy shared how we should do this more often with our families in our homes.  This act of worship is cleansing for the spirit and the mind. Jesus gave his life which was broken and He shed HIS blood on the cross for me and for you for all our sins.  If you do not know this Jesus today who died for your sins I pray you will accept HIM as your Lord and Savior.  Without Jesus we are nothing.  He is the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end.  In order to partake of the Lord's Supper you have to confess with your mouth that Jesus is your Lord and Savior and allow HIM into your life.  This is the most important decision you will ever make.  Do not let today go by and not know this Jesus who died for the sins of all who believe.

"For you created my inmost being, you knit me in my mother's womb, I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depts of the earth.  your eyes say my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your bookd before one of them came to be."  Psalm 139:13-16

"Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."  John 17:3

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in HIM shall not perish but have everlasting life."  John 3:16

"For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God."  Romans 3:23

"By  the trespass of the one man, death reigned through the one man."  Romans 5:17

"The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." 
Romans 6:23

"I am the way the truth and the life. NO one comes to the Father accept through me."  John 14:6

"If you declare with your mouth, 'JESUS IS LORD', and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead you will be saved.  For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved."  Romans 10:9-10

"Yet to ALL who did receive HIM, to those who believed in HIS NAME, HE gave the right to become children of GOD."  John 1:12

Would you like to accep Jesus as  your Savior TODAY?
Please say this prayer:
Dear God,
I know that my sin has seperated me from you.  Thank you that Jesus Christ died in my place.  I ask Jesus to forgive me my sin and to come into my life. Please begin to direct my life.  Thank you for giving me eternal life.  In Jesus'name, AMEN. 

No comments:

Post a Comment