Saturday, August 1, 2015

God's Word



Each day three times a day the team read from God's word.  They gathered each morning in the breeze way at 7:05 to hear a brief devotional read out of God's word.  At lunch daily the adult team members and Pastor Carlos shared a lunch time devotional.  Pastor Carlos shared when he started his devotional "I have a problem".  Then he grinned, "I may take longer than ten minutes, you may be here more than hour."  Then he proceeded to ask a question to his captive audience, "If God ask you to do something what
 would you do it."  Everyone nodded yes!!!  Do you know Jesus as your Lord and Savior?  He wants to be your Lord and Savior.  Are  you willing to do whatever God ask you to do for HIM.  Many answered later during God moments when Pastor Brian asked them the same question.  He shared what were your immediate thoughts to Pastor Carlos' question, "If God ask you to do something what would you do."
Someone shared my human side would fight it.  It would take me out of my comfort zone.
The word anything was the hard part of this question.  What would be anything?
Someone shared, "Honestly no."  Not sure if it would be God or me making the choice.  I need to be still and listen more to what God is calling me to do.
Well yes of course but would I really do it!!!!
This were very honest answers as I listened intently to each person share.  I thought back on the time God called me to do something and that was come here to Honduras to serve HIM.  Did I say "Yes" immediately. NO I did not and I put God off for more than six months.  If God had not broken me down to nothing I would not have experienced six years of God's beautiful hand at work through me here in Honduras.  I would not have been able to meet such amazing godly people here in Honduras and from back in the states.  God has truly blessed me because of this opportunity to be HIS hands and feet in Honduras.  Thank you God for the most precious time here doing your work.
So as well as devotionals in the morning and at lunch this team had devotionals in the evening as well. 
Justin individualized his devotional by reading out of Ephesians 1:15-18.  But the heart wrenching moment is when he prayed.  He prayed for each person in the room including Mike and me.  The next evening Bettylenah personalized her devotional as well.  She titled her devotional "You Matter".  Her scripture reference was out of 2 Corinthians  13:9-10.  Let me just say how big our God is when Bettylenah asked us to turn to this scripture reference I received chills sitting in a room with a temperature  of 93 degrees.  This was my devotional reference during my quiet time that morning.  God is so good.  She asked each one of to write down what is one of our weaknesses in life.  Fold them up and put them on the table.  Bettylenah read each one out loud to us. We all became aware how many of us had the same answers.  We all have weaknesses in life but God's grace is sufficient for whatever our weakness is.  Our last activity was to write something about each person in the room and then we shared our thoughts about each other.  This was another good way to start out our week lifting each other up in prayer and in encouragement.  These devotionals came from young people who are capable of sharing some very in depth devotionals and very thought provoking messages.  Hendric shared how we should be followers of God, Psalm 27:1-3.  We need to be confident in the Lord.  Another young person sharing God's word.  One evening Marrah shared about it being hump day and challenged each one with questions about "Why did you  come to Honduras?"  "Do you know why God has placed each of us here?"  "How have you seen God work?" Then she referenced Matthew 10:37-39  Cedric shared my favorite verse Philippians 4:13 and shared we all need Jesus walking beside us each and every day.  So if you do not have Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior please receive HIM so you can have the greatest gift of all, Jesus, walking beside you daily.  Without Jesus we are nothing.  Without Jesus as our personal Lord and Savior He cannot walk beside us.  Through the power of His Holy Spirit can we find strength in all things.  Micaela shared from heart how she has seen Jesus in so many people and things this week.   She read out of John 13:34-35.  Be like Micaela and allow others to see Jesus in your daily life.  You may be the only bible someone reads just by your actions. Brendan shared out of I Corinthians 13:4-8.  He shared how the more we spend time with God the more we will know HIM and understand HIM.  His Word is all we need to get the answers in our daily lives.  We need to take the time and find the correct answers for our lives.
Thank you young people for such an amazing week in God's word.
 
For this reason, ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all God's people,
I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers.
I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better.
I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people,
Ephesians 1:15-18
 
We are glad whenever we are weak but you are strong; and our prayer is that you may be fully restored.
This is why I write these things when I am absent, that when I come I may not have to be harsh in my use of authority--the authority the Lord gave me for building you up, not for tearing you down.
2 Corinthians 13:9-10
 
Of David. The LORD is my light and my salvation-- whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life-- of whom shall I be afraid?
When the wicked advance against me to devour me, it is my enemies and my foes who will stumble and fall.
Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then I will be confident.
Psalm 27:1-3
 
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Philippians 4:13
 

Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
And whoever does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me.
Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.
Matthew 10:37-39
 
"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.
By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."
John 13:34-35
 
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.
I Corinthians 13:4-8
 
Friends the above bible references came from a group of high schoolers and college students.  To God be the glory.  As Pastor Brian shared one evening these young people are the church not the future but right now today!!!!!!  AMEN
































 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment