Saturday, March 6, 2021

The Honduran Spa

 


Cindy is one month from having Abby.  I was sitting one day eating lunch with Cindy and her mother with Meida. I happened to look over at her feet and they were very swollen.  I asked her had she ever elevated her feet and she shared no with a little shy smile.  As gracious as I could be because I know Cindy but do not know her enough to tend to her business so I gently shared about my experience with pregnancy and my feet looked like hers as well.  Before I knew I had her feet elevated and then I asked Meida did she have any of her doterra lavender essential oil on her and she did.  I asked Cindy permission to massage her feet with the oils.  Meida shared she was embarrassed to let me touch her feet.  I was not surprised about this comment at all.  The women here do not get treated so special as Cindy was treated on this day.  I massaged her feet for about thirty minutes while Meida massaged her neck with lavender oil.  Meida and I agreed to get her to soak her feet in some warm salt water afterwards.  We had so much fun and I finally got Cindy to laugh and relax and enjoy the spa she was getting blessed with on this beautiful afternoon.  The next day I arrived and check Cindy's ankles and the swelling had gone down tremendously.  Praise God.  I encouraged to continue elevating her feet and soaking in warm salt water and drinking lots of water for at least one more month prior to sweet Abby arriving.  Thank you God for this very special moment pampering a sweet young lady who probably has never had her feet rubbed or massaged before.  The small things we take for granted ladies of North America.




No comments:

Post a Comment