Thursday, March 31, 2016

Worship Service

 
This day was one of many blessings.  First of all we decided to go visit the church in the community we live, Pavana.  Orin was willing to share God's word.   The church family blessed us with music and the children blessed us with music as well.  Mike got up and thanked them for having us and for being such amazing neighbors.  We are blessed to be a part of a great community.
As the worship service started I was preparing to take my notes on the sermon for this blog when one of the children climbed into my lap and went to sleep.  So I gave my pad to Mike to take the notes from the sermon.  I take a look about ten minutes into Orin's sermon and there was maybe a sentence on the pad.  I said what are you doing.  Mike shared, "I cannot keep up with Orin."  I laughed and set back to enjoy the service hoping to get Orin's notes later. 
Orin shares with me after the service God changed his sermon as he started to preach.  So I am going to share the scripture reference with you today and the title: "first start then to finish. "Orin shared several times during his sermon, "Who do they same that I am?" says Jesus.  Do you know who Jesus is today?  Who do you say Jesus is?  God wants you to get personal with his Son, Jesus.  God wants you to know His Son, Jesus.  Jesus is the light of our world, bread of life, Savior and the Cross. As a Christian, a true follower of Christ, it will get tough, harder to be a part of the world.  "So who do you say I am? "says Jesus.
God had a different task for me on this day by allowing me to show who Jesus is by holding this little one in my arms and feeling the true love of Jesus, my Savior.  Thank you God for my God moment at church on this day.
 
When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, "Who do people say the Son of Man is?"
Matthew 16:13
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment