Monday, February 5, 2018

Dennis and Alexia


We welcome back Dennis this year and he brought a new team member, his granddaughter Alexia.
Welcome Alexia to Honduras.  She came on board willing to try to do whatever she could to help her new friends.  She was a go getter so to speak.  I enjoyed sitting with her on the last day waiting for the dedication service to start.  It is always a honor to hear about Honduras from fresh new eyes but she in turn ask me about why I am here and what I like about being here?  Alexia took time out for me which is such a Honduran cultural thing.  She took time to get to know me and to find out about me as a person.  I found out she wants to go back home and serve in the nursing field.  Alexia you will be an amazing nurse.  Your compassion for others as I watched you old the baby at VBS one afternoon and as you took the time to talk to the children and young people with the help of Meida, but you did it.  You took time to build a relationship with these children and people who you may never see again.  But you took the time to let them know they were important too.
So yes you are going to be an amazing nurse one day sweet new friend.  I am grateful for our short time together and getting to know you and pray for your journey as you become a nurse.

See the source image

No comments:

Post a Comment