Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Breaking Bread


Several days the North Americans broke bread with the Hondurans during their lunch break.
My favorite meal which is Honduran spaghetti and rice was served the day Mike and I went out to work with the team and partake lunch.  But under those mango tress that day there was so much more than food being served.  God moments the night before Tim and Terry shared how they sat with the Hondurans listening to their laughter and heavy conversations.  So today I suppose because Mike and I were there they were quiet, not joking or laughing just chatting.  Tim and Terry came over and sad this was not the group sitting here yesterday  They all chuckled and so we started up a very interesting conversation where it left off of the day before.  Women's roles in the lives of their husbands.  Women in the bible and how they got the men in trouble.  But after all the joking about women it switched gears.  I asked Pastor Carlos to tell us a bible story because I knew this would be one amazing moment under those trees.  Mike asked Pastor Carlos about a particular scripture in the bible he was not clear on.  Oh my folks, Pastor Carlos and Pastor Reineri did an amazing job sharing their biblical thoughts on Mike's question.  Pastor Carlos turned to Pastor John and asked what his take was on the passage.  Folks this is one of those God moments you just had to be there to comprehend what I am even writing.  We had worship service on a Wednesday afternoon under two large mango trees and plastic chairs.  It was wonderful to worship our Lord, the same Lord we all worship with in a four wall building with lights and fine seats, the same Lord and I honestly can say I felt the presence of the Holy Spirit on this time and place.  What a mighty and powerful God we serve and we can serve Him any where and any time, He is waiting for us to respond.  What a God moment we all had this Wednesday afternoon.

See the source image

No comments:

Post a Comment