Sunday, April 3, 2016

Pulperia Mt. Horeb

 
Each day the team returned after a very hot three digit day to a nice cold Coke, Fresco, Banana, Uva(grape), Orange Fanta or Coke lite.  After supper they made their way back down to the pulperia for their desserts, ice cream sandwiches, nutty butty's, strawberry frozen treat or Steve's famous vanilla ice cream with a swirl of strawberry circling is plastic cup.  By the end of the week I knew every one's order,  On the last evening Dylan came back for the last bag of BBQ chips but someone had beat him to them.  This was an enjoyable time had by the team members each evening to be able to relax and fill the porch of the pulperia with lots of laughter.  They enjoyed continuing to reflect on their day with the Sandago family.  Thank you friends for continuing to make this pulperia a pleasure to run and operate.  You have been a blessing for Mike and I this week.
 
 
 
One of my most treasured God moments was one afternoon Mike and Pastor Carlos went to pick up a table and four chairs a gentleman in Pavana made out of the wood from the ministry campus.  After cleaning it up I went back to work inside the Pulperia de Mt. Horeb and Gift Shop.  I heard some laughter and heavy discussions going on around the table.  It continued for quiet some time so I worked my way out to the porch to see what all the commotion was about.  Andie had found my checker set I have had down here for seven years.  This is the first time the checker game has been brought out and used.  When Mike and I was dreaming about the plans for the ministry campus, one of my dreams was to see a group of folks sitting out on the porch of the pulperia drinking their sodas and eating their ice cream and playing checkers.  God answered my heart's desire yesterday on the porch as they were playing an intense game of checkers.  There was championship games for two nights on the porch and at the end of last evening, Mrs. Sandy became the champion, but I want to say congratulations to Steve and Dylan because they came in right behind Mrs. Sandy.  Thank you God and you all for making my dreams of this pulperia become a reality. 
 
 
A song of ascents. Of David. How good and pleasant it is when God's people live together in unity!
Psalm 133:1
 
not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another--and all the more as you see the Day approaching.
Hebrews 10:25

No comments:

Post a Comment