Sunday, April 3, 2016

Worhship On Sunday




 
As the team prepared nightly after God moments to sing in church on Sunday morning, it was obvious their practices led by Kay was a blessing to all.  Pastor Carlos shared on the job site on Monday morning how everyone was talking about the beautiful service on Sunday especially the specials song by the North American choir.  The team was able to sing "God Is So Good" in Spanish  and "He Touched Me".  Then we were doubly blessed when Carlito got up to sing a solo.  Sherman and Steve shared how amazed they were he knew every word to such a long song.  He did not need the words to sing this song.  He knew from memory.  He had this song in his heart.  The children learn each Sunday a bible verse and a song during their Sunday School hour.  As Heather was sharing her testimony she quoted scripture out of her bible and Jose was sitting next to me and as Meida read it Jose was reciting the verse from memory.  This children get God's Word engraved in their hearts at a early age.
Heather got up to give her testimony first.  Her first words were,  "God is so good". This is one of my favorite sayings so I knew I was going to blessed by Heather's words this bright and beautiful morning in Cedeno,Choluteca, Honduras. This has been a whirlwind of a trip Heather starts out sharing.  What amazed Heather is how God wants us to be a part of His plan.  He wants us to go.  I have to say folks Heather breaks all records for prep time for coming to Honduras.  Dana, team member, called her on Thursday to see if she wanted to come and she was on the plane Tuesday morning coming to Honduras. After arriving in Honduras it did not hit me until Wednesday sometime I was in Honduras on a mission trip.  Heather shared how she is in constant awe of the beauty of this country, the flowers, the flowing mountains, the trees and the different melon and sugar cane fields.  You all have a gorgeous country. God's creation here makes me smile.  But what makes me smile more is the beauty of your children.  Your children make me smile with their laughter.  I have been sharpened by these little ones I have worked with this week.  All because I said yes to God.  God open a door for me this week I will forever treasure.  Thank you for allowing me to be here.
Dana was up next as he shared first in Spanish "Dios es Buenos".  He was practicing before church started with Meida to make sure he said it correctly.  Dana, you did a great job. Dana shared he began his trip to Honduras as a child.  God started preparing his life and his heart for missions a long time ago. He accepted Christ in 1960, as one of the children said, "oh" sitting behind me.  When we accept Christ in our hearts He gives us the means to love our neighbors.  Our neighbors are all people we come in contact with. This team I am with this week are my brothers and sisters and neighbors in Christ.  Out of Joshua 1 it says "to be strong and courageous in the Lord."  God has blessed me to be able to use my hands to serve Him and I am grateful for this gift and for being here to serve with you this week.
Andie shared I do not have a hard life testimony but a lifelong testimony growing up in a Christian home where my parents had me in church every time the doors open, just as you do with your families each week.  My father is a preacher and just because my father is a preacher does not mean I have his religion.  Our spiritual walk is a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.  Our parents cannot give us our spiritual journey, only our acceptance of Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior and a daily walk with him. No matter where I go Jesus is always with me.  When I moved out of my home Jesus Christ went with me.  Andie shared Proverbs 22:6, "Train a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it."
After Andie's testimony the children did a special called "Noah's Song".
Pastor Tom got up to share from God's word out of John 3.  He thanked everyone for having us this week.  Pastor Tom's sermon was on the "Resurrection".   John 3 may not seem like the book of the bible to be getting this story from but bear with me and I will take you there through the guidance of the Holy Spirit.  Does resurrection really matter?  Last Sunday was Easter Sunday.  There was over one billion people all over the world celebrating Jesus' resurrection. How this resurrection which happened over 2,000 years ago still be so important to so many people?  Eighty four percent of  people believe Jesus arose on the third day.
It is up to us to let the world know that Jesus is not dead but is alive.  On his journey here before ascending into heaven, Jesus cooked for people, he ate with people and he worshiped with people.  Jesus is who he says he is.  He is not just a good teacher but He is so much more.  He is our Lord and Savior. You must be born again Nicodemous, Jesus shared.  , " I am the resurrection and the life", Jesus shared with Martha, sister of Lazarus. Jesus can bring the dead back to life.  As it is with us, in Ephesians 1:' You have been made alive while we were dead but in Christ we were made alive."
John 3:36 "Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on them." Not anyone had the power to keep Jesus in the grave.  Jesus had the power to raise himself up and he has the power to raise us up with him at the appointed time, if we believe in HIM. Jesus does what he says he does.   All God's plan was fulfilled,  The people went to the tomb and found it empty.  When God says something he does it.  HE ROSE AGAIN, HE HAS THE POWER AND HE KEEPS HIS WORD TO ALL OF US WHO BELIEVE.
No matter what our past may be, it is forgiven.  Present problems are manageable.  My future is secure.  Only way to prepare for the future is to know Jesus.  God has a plan and we are secure in HIS plan.  All who call on HIM will be saved.
 
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
John 3:16

No comments:

Post a Comment