Thursday, June 3, 2021

Monte de Horeb Ministry First Community Project


The first of 2021 Monte de Horeb Ministry board agreed to reach out to a community to see how the ministry could assist them.  We shared this idea with Pastor Carlos and shared with him we would trust his judgement on the community he would choose.  Back in March we had a team come down to build a home for a family in Frays Lazaro, Choluteca.  Actually we thought we had gotten to the end of the road made out of boulders when we built this home.  Little did we know the road made up of boulders continued about three more miles up into the mountains.  After completing this home it was with total agreement with Pastor Carlos, Mike and I to hire the son, O'Neal, of the family we built the home.  Pastor Carlos felt led to ask O'Neal about the road past his home and what was up there. O'Neal shared there was a community named Cerro Maranon, Frays Lazaro, Choluteca, Honduras.  Pastor Carlos made a road trip up there one day and met with the mayor and the people of the community asking them what their needs were.  Pastor Carlos has a passion for the very rural areas of Choluteca because they are the ones who get the least amount of help from the government.  This group of people all agreed they wanted the school to get a new roof and a fence around the property. So we all agreed this is how we would give back to a community because so many of you who are reading this have been so generous to Monte de Horeb Ministries.


As we passed the home of O'Neal's father's home and made our way up the mountain with all the pipe and fence material to go around the school on top of the Toyota truck we got to a certain spot and that was it.  We hit a hole in what is suppose to be a road and all the pipe came loose on the top of the truck and as you can see damage the cage of the truck bed. Mike tends to disagree we were hanging vertical in the road but any ways it was not a very secure setting to say the least.  I was inside the truck calling Pastor Carlos sharing with him we cannot make it up the hill with all the materials we had on the back of the truck.  So he comes walking down the path with two other men and a huge log to tie up on top of the truck to load the poles back up on it. I rarely give my two cents worth but I strongly suggested we only take half the poles and come back and get the rest of them on a second trip.  My two bosses agreed with me as we piled up half the poles and off we headed to the school for the beginning of two of the most amazing weeks in the ministry of Monte de Horeb.  We literally rode about ten minutes before I saw ahead of me about twenty five men hard at work and a school who needed a lot of tender loving care.  Once we got there the first time I shared with my two bosses I will see them later I was staying right there at the school and watch the day unfold before me.  What an amazing journey I was fixing to go on.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment