Wednesday, June 2, 2021

School Dedication







What a glorious time we all had this day.  Pastor Carlos, Mike and I did  not like being in the lime light but we were humbly and graciously obedient to the ceremony.   We got to meet Ms. Jessica this morning while they were putting all the decorations in place.  These children are so blessed to have two teachers who love them so much.  The entire two weeks has been emotional for me knowing the physical needs of this school and how now it was all coming together.  For those who know me well this was one day I could not speak because I was so emotional. I was speechless.  This was a first for me.   It was beautiful how God provided the physical needs of this school and for all of you who helped make this happen through Monte de Horeb Ministries, thank you.
Ms. Hilda shared words as well as the Mayor O'Neal but the sweetest words of all was from the eighty year old gentleman who for the life of me I cannot pronounce or spell his name so I will call him the Patriarch of Cerro Maranon.  He shared with tears in his eyes the gratitude for the entire community and how God sent three angels to his community to bless these precious children to have a safer place for their education.  He thanked the men and women of the community for all they did as well.  How he was blessed to see the community come together and to make this happen for the children.
Mike shared a few words and let them know he did this all in the name of Jesus and for Jesus, not for man.  He also thanked everyone for their hard work and the women for their hospitality.  Ms. Hilda asked Pastor Carlos to say a few words.  Pastor Carlos repeated what Mike had shared with a lot more words to the point of almost preaching.  First and foremost Pastor Carlos gave God all the glory for these past two weeks.  Because without God this would not have happened.  He then shared it was not at all about himself, Mike nor me, it was all about Jesus Christ who we all serve through not man. He then thanked all the men who came out and worked so hard for the children and for the women who provided delicious meals every single day for them.  
Dedications of any kind in Honduras is not complete without a big cup of chicken soup.  So once again they provided us with our last meal for a while with this beautiful community God placed into our care.  But the best part of this entire day was while we were eating lunch O'Neal asked me could he have a Bible. I looked at him with pure joy in my face and said of course you can.  We brought nine bibles just in case God opened a door.  Pastor Carlos Mike, me and so many of you reading this today have been praying for O'Neal's salvation.  Well O'Neal asking for a bible is a great start to the rest of the story.


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment