Monday, May 30, 2016

Five Special Friends


Ron's team grows each year with newfound and long time friends.  These friends are not members of New Hope Baptist Church but all feel like family to our New Hope family.  Thank you Jimmy, Ken, Betty Lynn and Maurice and Penny who came along these guys to build this home.  They all come from four different churches and backgrounds.  But once a year they come together with New Hope Baptist Church and pick right up where they left off last year.  Thank you Ron for always opening up your team for others to join you in serving our Lord here in Honduras.


“Others”
By Charles D. Meigs (written sometime between 1890 and 1902)
Lord help me live from day to day
In such a self-forgetful way
That even when I kneel to pray
My prayer shall be for – Others.
Help me in all the work I do
To ever be sincere and true
And know that all I do for you
Must needs be done for – Others.
Let “Self” be crucified and slain
And buried deep; and all in vain
May efforts be to rise again
Unless to live for – Others.
And when my work on earth is done
And my new work in heaven’s begun
May I forget the crown I’ve won
While thinking still of – Others.
Others, Lord, yes others
Let this my motto be
Help me to live for others
That I may live like Thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment