Friday, June 1, 2018

The Sewer





Pastor Pedro was in charge of building the structure for the sewer.  The police chief provided volunteers from his force to help us each day.  The police here have a lot of respect for Pastor Pedro from his weekly time with them.  So they were excited to be working by his side daily.  Pastor Pedro got down in that hole everyday working diligently on getting his assigned project completed while the walls were going up on the bathroom facility.  Media kept him in his water supply for hydration purposes.  It took a lot for him because he would sweat profusely daily.  I helped Meida one day by checking on Pastor Pedro and it broke my heart when I looked down there and saw the sweat pouring off his head down his chest and all over his body.  I asked him if I could get him some more water, he softly said, "Si por favor".  I hurriedly went and refilled his water bottle and returned to hand it down to him and he looked up with the most genuine small I could have ever imagined coming out of that hole and he said, "Gracias Ginger".  I walked away with tears forming in my eyes and how I wish I could be this humble of a servant for God.

See the source image



No comments:

Post a Comment