Thursday, March 1, 2018

Welcome Stephanie


I want to praise my Lord today as Martha, Mike and I have been praying for seven years for this day to come and He always answers our prayers in His timing.  Stephanie, Mike and my daughter came for years with us as a family.  When Mike and I took over the ministry eight plus years ago she came about two more times and said, "Mom I think I want to be a nurse."  She got this passion by serving through another ministry in Honduras the summer before Mike and I took over the ministry.  So nursing school she pursued.  She was so dedicated to this field.  Her passion for nursing was a huge blessing for me.  I was never more proud of her as I was that day when she said, "Mom I want to be a nurse."  That is until she came back to Honduras and to share her passion for nursing with these beautiful people she came to lover over 12 years ago or more.
As she arrived she came upon her sweet friend Martha who she helped make curtains our first month in Honduras.  Martha welcomed her with tears in her eyes as well as Stephanie.  She also could not have picked a better day to arrive Rudy's birthday.  During Stephanie's visit our shy Rudy warmed up to Stephanie and sat daily talking to her.  It helps so much to be fluent in Spanish which our Stephanie is a bilingual lady.  Rudy felt comfortable sharing with her and laughing with her each day Stephanie was here.  What a beautiful way to start your visit going to a birthday party.  We got Rudy a cake and served up some roadside grilled chicken and a some veggies.  Martha cooked up some rice and we had family and fellowship time Honduran style.
What a blessing this was.

See the source image

No comments:

Post a Comment