Thursday, June 20, 2019

Our Special Friend Ray


We have been blessed with this man in our lives for the last ten years.  He loves Honduras and the first time he came he brought his lovely wife Jennifer with him.  One day he hopes to bring his entire family along with him to his "happy place".  Ray came as a team member for many years.  Ray joined up with another team for a few years who also came and did construction.  I remember ever so clearly one day on the project and it was in the town of Choluteca, very few projects are actually done in the town, Ray came over for a water break and ask me, "Mrs. Ginger, do you think I could lead a team?"  I said, "Of course you can Ray".  It is not a hard thing to lead a team, it simply takes the desire and passion for Honduras and the rest is a piece of cake.  Ray came last year and before arriving I asked him who was preaching for the team.  The answer was I do not have any one.  I shared yes you to Ray, you have yourself.  I have seen my friend Ray grow spiritually in the last five years to a godly man who leads by example.  His school collected 397 school supply kits for the local schools down here because they all believe and trust in Ray, my friend.  Ray is always got a smile or mischievous look upon his face.  His summer tan allows him to blend in with the Hondurans very easily as well.  He brings joy and laughter to whomever his paths cross.  Yes, Ray shared the message this year as well.  Thank you God for bringing Ray into our lives and his true compassion for the Honduran people.  We love you Ray!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment