Friday, September 18, 2015

First Visit From a Part of My Extended Family

 
God blessed me about a year ago by re-uniting me with my cousin Lee from my mother's side of my family.  Lee and I have not seen each other in forty years.  Social media re-united us and I am grateful it is good for something positive.  Once Lee and I reconnected a lot of "stuff" had happen to both of us during those forty years. We had a lot of catching up to do but there was one thing one we both learned right away that we had in common and that was our love for Jesus Christ.  We were not only cousins by birth but sisters by the blood of Christ.  Mike and I were able to be home during the NCBM Conference in Winston Salem and Lee drove from her home up in Forest City to see my for the first time in forty years.  She patiently spent the day with Mike and I as we worked hard for Jesus and Honduras at the conference.  She shared how she would love to come experience Honduras with Mike and I sometime.  Long story much shorter we stay connected after the conference via phone calls and social media.  She shared I seriously want to come to Honduras and share and learn more about what you and Mike are doing.  God hooked her up with Bobby's team and come to find out they only live thirty minutes from one another.  We live in a very small world. So Lee comes to Honduras and works beside Mike and I this week and has already committed and shows the desire to come again next year.  I want to thank God for sending Lee my way because she is the only family member outside of my children and son-in-law who are interested in what we are doing in Honduras.  Lee was my "God Moment" the entire time she was here.  We shared, we cried and we laughed all at the same time about how awesome our God is for bringing us back together and to Honduras no less.  The picture above with the Hondurans is one of cousins, all are cousins like Lee and me working for the Lord in Las Uvas this week.  How sweet it is to share with family about the greatest gift in life, Jesus Christ.  Do not take it for granted when you have family who sit around and share about Jesus and his wonders because not all families do this.  But now I have a cousin who is more than family she is my sister in Christ who we can talk endlessly about our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. THANK YOU GOD FOR THIS TIME IN MY LIFE WITH MY DEAR SWEET COUSIN AND SISTER, LEE. I LOVE YOU LEE!!!!!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment