Friday, August 15, 2014

Oakdale Baptist Church Builds Pedro and family a home

 
One day Mike and I were going through the solicitations for homes for the people here in Honduras.  We came across a solicitation which was two years old and had written at the bottom:  dangerous area.  Mike and I decided to go there anyway and meet the family and see if this was something the North Americans could do.  We met Pastor C of the church of the community on the road.  He had road his bicycle about four miles to meet us to take us to Pedro's home.  We gathered Pastor C and his bicycle and traveled maybe a mile to where the home was located.  We arrived meeting Pedro's lovely wife, Suyapa and their two daughters, Mada and Sophie.  They did not know we were coming this day to announce they were receiving a home.  Because once we arrived we knew this precious family was getting a home.  Pastor C shared during our visit how the night before he had prayed for a home for this family.  Pastor C had been praying for two years for this family a home.  Never stop praying, for God will answer our prayers in His timing.  Pedro was working at the time at a bread company.  A man on a bicycle came riding down the path towards Suyapa's home.  Mada went running to the fence out into the dirt path to greet her Daddy.  This was the most precious sight I had seen in a while.  I knew even more then this family was getting a home.  This family was a family unit of love for one another.  Pedro loves his two daughters and lovely wife Suyapa deeply.  It was obvious in the way his daughters wanted to be near him.  This was a special day in the life of this ministry for me.  Thank you God for leading Mike and I to this family and thank you for sending Oakdale Baptist Church of Rocky Mount, North Carolina to fulfill a dream come true for such a special family.  All God's people said AMEN!!!!!
 
"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me."
John 10:27

No comments:

Post a Comment