Monday, July 1, 2019

A Humble Kitchen


Rebecca and Nick shared a devotion one evening on "Being Thankful".  Some where in her words she shared about being humble and God gave us all a fingerprint that no one else has so that we can leave an imprint no one else can.  Rebecca shared how we behave in this world shows what kind of heart we truly have. Do we worry about me me me or do we put our thoughts towards others.  Well on this particular morning the sisters and mother of David was cooking chicken and rice with veggies for lunch.  So I offered to help cut the veggies up for them.  I love working in their kitchens here in Honduras and this particular day I was cutting the veggies out at the pilla. So when I got done I ask could I see their kitchen.  David's sister said, "My kitchen is simply a humble kitchen."  That statement stuck with me and then I heard it again that evening during devotions, "Humble".  I only wish I had such a humble kitchen as this lady does where she opened it up to cook meals for complete strangers all wee.  A kitchen where we taught her how to cook fried okra because I wanted some.  A kitchen where the sweet love of Jesus Christ overflows daily.  We always provide the beans rice and mesca for the Hondurans to cook for the Honduran workers, anything else they provide out of their own monies.  I pray God blesses this humble kitchen for many more years to come.  Thank you God for allowing me to be humbled by the beauty of this simple humble kitchen.





No comments:

Post a Comment