Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Why I Love Honduras

This is my very own personal blog here.  I love Honduras so much because of the simplicity of the people and how they live out their daily lives.  I love how our young people come down here for eight days and become children again with loving on our precious little ones God has gifted us with.  How they leave behind their technology and actually communicate with one another like human beings are suppose to do.  How the Hondurans love me as much as I love them.  How humbling it was when Yeimi hugged me so tight because her and Manuel were receiving their home.  I am humbled daily as I look out over the 36 acres of Mount Horeb that God has entrusted Mike and I with as we accepted this calling ten years ago.  How Honduras has become our home and I am so blessed to be the hands and feet of Jesus in this beautiful country.  How Mike and I are content watching Lassie and Titone, the horse chase and play daily.  How when there is not a team the staff fix our favorite breakfast and lunch and just love us simply.  Simplicity is the greatest gift of all for me while being here ten years in Honduras.  I have learned how to rely on God totally for all my needs as the Hondurans do which is not a bad idea.  I have learned a little really is a lot in the eyes of some people.  I am sad for those who will never get the experience that I have been gifted with here in Honduras and see what true faith and trust in God is all about.  I am forever blessed and will forever be thankful to my Lord and Savior for this privilege of living and serving here in this great country called Honduras.




No comments:

Post a Comment