Monday, August 5, 2019

Family is Important


We learned a lot this week from watching this young family live out there daily lives.  They asked me one day did I have a family like this back home.  I said I have my two daughters and son in law and grandsons.  But no, I do not have a family unit quiet like this one.  There is forty five family members around this corner in El Carrizo.  Mike and I watched these young children of ages seven, ten, fifteen, seventeen, nineteen and twenty one grow into mature young adults without any father or mother figure around them. Yes they have grandparents close by and uncles and aunts but they solely had each other had the end of the day to care for.  They all could teach us what truly is a family.  A family is there for you at all times, good or bad.  A family may not speak a lot but you know what the other needs without words being spoken.  A true family finds joy in the little things in life and not all the fluff and stuff most families think they should have to survive.  This network on this corner is a true family unit who genuinely cares for one another every single day.  



No comments:

Post a Comment