Friday, August 16, 2019

Fellowship Time


On Wednesday Mike shared if I got all my work done we could go play with the team at VBS and have lunch with them.  I worked diligently on Wednesday and got everything done I needed to get done for Wednesday.  So off Mike, Pastor Carlos and I went to Orocuna.  This was a special treat for Pastor Carlos because number Pastor Hector is one of his dearest friends who does not get so see very often and number two reason all three of us have worked non stop for the last 35 days without a day of rest.  So this was a day we all were looking forward to.  We got there early around 11:15 so the team was still out in the field sharing the gospel.  So we followed Pastor Carlos up the path by the church through an embankment to Pastor Hector's home.  We did not know what a blessing we all three was about to receive upon arriving.  We entered their home with open arms of hugs and gratitude for our visit. Pastor Hector hugged his long time friend and colleguage.  Pastor Hector's wife took me back to her kitchen where she personally had made a big pot of chicken soup for us.  She had asked Meida the day before what did I like.  Meida shared I definitely could not have the rice and chicken the team was having that day for lunch.  Meida shared with her rice makes Mrs. Ginger hurt so cannot eat it anymore.  This sweet lady knew from years passed I love chicken soup so she prepared me some chicken soup with lots of veggies and of course I shared it with Mike, Pastor Carlos and Meida.  She even invited Meida to join us as well.  What a very special time of fellowship and food with some long time brothers and sisters in Christ.  How humbling it was for me to receive a meal I could truly eat without having after affects because this lady who I do not get to see very often went to the trouble to cook something I could enjoy.  Thank you God for family and friends who are not blood.  Mike and I are so blessed to be your hands and feet of Jesus. We see this everyday down here and we are forever grateful to you God for this precious gift.



No comments:

Post a Comment