Thursday, August 1, 2019

Cornhole


The last couple of days we started a cornhole tournament.  Boy did we have fun simply being together, full of laughter and a little competition was on the board as well.  Zach kept up with the teams and who played next.  Pastor Matty was quiet concern with how Ginger was playing the game and decided we needed to do a devotional on humbleness.  But God is so good and the very next morning during Ginger's quiet time God brought to Ginger's attention humbleness not once but twice in her reading of His Word.  I tried with all my excuses to explain to Pastor Matty I never win at anything and I had to be boastful just a little bit.  As you can see Alexa and I were the cornhole champions that evening.  But God definitely humbled me very quickly in my quiet time the next morning.  Seriously all joking aside I really do not care whether I win or loose I simply love playing cornhole with my family on Mt. Horeb and see the laughter we develop throughout the course of the game.  Laughter is the best medicine for us all.  There was a lot of laughter going on even if you were not playing the cornhole game.  Thank you Pastor Matty, Isaac, Zach, David, Bobby and Joanne, also Mike, Alexa and Rudy for providing us all with two evenings of excitement and fun and yes a small dose of boastfulness.



No comments:

Post a Comment