Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Hidden Talents Unfolded


One evening during devotionals I asked were they singing in church on Sunday.  Well the rest is history.  They practiced "Open the Eyes to My Heart Lord" each night to perfection and learned the chorus in Spanish as they prepared to sing it in church on Sunday morning worship.  Thank you Tyler for leading them in guitar and in song.  What a beautiful time of worship and praising our Lord each evening on the North American dorm porch.  Manuel was able to help us with the chorus in Spanish and Trevor copied it to his phone and we all learned how to sing the chorus in Spanish. But the most beautiful gift of all was the evening Mike and I excused ourselves from the team, it was Saturday evening when the team was provided lizard soup, alias sopa de garrabo.  Well when we did not show up for dinner the entire Honduran staff made their way to our front porch to make sure we were okay.  They know how much we both love sopa de garrabo.  But we desperately needed a night off because we would be taking this awesome bunch to the airport on Monday and turn around to pick up another awesome team so we decided to take an evening off.  Well so much for that bright idea.  Our staff stayed with us about an hour eating the cookies the team brought Mike and I and we just had a great time catching up since we had not been with them all week. Well as we are sitting there chilling with our staff, Rudy, Martha, Manuel and Fernando, Rudy says, "Jefe the group is coming up here and why are they coming up here?"  I was startled as well and said I do not know.  They stopped about midway up the road to our house and started singing "Open the Eyes to My Heart Lord" for Mike and I.   Well those of you who know me know exactly what I did, I started crying tears of gratitude and joy for such a thoughtful gesture for us.  They know how much I love this song and it made my not so quiet evening so much better. Rudy asked where they singing this in church on Sunday and I answered yes they are Rudy.  Isn't it absolutely beautiful and Rudy said "Muey Bonita Jefe".  So our planned quiet evening became an evening full of many blessings by so many who love us so much.  How blessed I am to have so many different families who love Mike and I so much and as I am typing this I am crying!!!!   Tears full of JOY to be the hands and feet of Jesus in Mt. Horeb, Pavana Choluteca, Honduras.
Love you Catalyst Church!!!!
Love you Staff of Mount Horeb!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment