Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Honduran Siesta


It did my heart good to see these North Americans along with their Honduran family see the need for a siesta.  Jon and David saw the need and orchestrated it into a game of marbles.  I was laying inside the home in the hammock with Rosemary taking my siesta after lunch and heard laughter and a lot of joyful laughter. So my curiosity got the best of me, I got up went outside to a game of marbles.  Tears formed in my eyes, tears of joy as I saw my two special sons making several of the children very happy.  I am pretty sure they lost their marble game but they gained so much more as brothers especially.  What a huge God moment for me this day.  Telfair, Mike, Rudy and Cristobal were catching their breathe one day and sharing what was happening or going to happen.  Telfair was grateful for whatever the conversation to catch his breathe as well as Rudy I am sure.  Rudy did not know anything about mixing mescal or laying blocks, etc until the project became his home. Rudy worked hard all week mixing the mescal and hauling it to the foundation to go wherever it needed to go.  Rudy carried so many materials up the steep inclines to his home because he wanted his family to have a good home to live in. Rudy was humbly proud of what everyone was doing for him and he wanted to do his part as well.  One day I got Mr. Doug sitting on one of the many rocks taking a chill which was such a blessing to me as well.  He knew to stop and be still and that is awesome thing to learn especially on your first trip to Honduras.  Mr. Doug blessed us all this week with his words of wisdom on his take of Honduras.  Of course there is Tino who always brings joy to siesta time or any time.  Thank you Tino for the laughter you bring to our team and joy which radiates from you no matter the circumstances.








No comments:

Post a Comment