Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Rudy and Hilsi



Rudy and Hilsi grew up in Las Uvas their entire life.  They are twenty six years old.  So Las Uvas is all Rudy knew until Pastor Carlos became the preacher of Rudy's church around five years ago.  One day Pastor Carlos comes to Mike and I to say he was hiring a young man from his church to be one of the security guards at Mt. Horeb.  We always trusted Pastor Carlos' judgement on who to hire and who to let go.  So Rudy came on board and had never even been to Choluteca.  Pavana is the first town he came to and left his home of twenty two years to provide income for his family.  At this time we did not know there was also a girlfriend in his life.  I had a women's conference at Mt. Horeb about two years ago, Rudy shared his mother and his girlfriend were coming.  So I was very excited to get to meet the young lady who got so blessed to be called Rudy's girlfriend.  Oh my this young lady was super shy and very quiet as was her mother, Marie.  Rudy's mother name was also Marie.  So I named Hilsi's mother Marie Uno and Rudy's mother Marie Dos.  At this time I did not know the connection between the two families.  So as time passed Rudy would come by while on duty some evenings and sat and discuss his "novia" girlfriend.  Mike and I always joked with him and told him girlfriends were not anything but trouble.  He just smiled.  Well about six months ago Rudy came to our house while on duty as security guard and said he wanted to get married.  He told us at that time they had been dating for six years which Mike and I did not know.  So I said well it is about time you were getting married.  We asked him at this time would he like a home for he and Hilsi to have once they are married.  It simply said, "You are the boss."  So I said well let's pray about it and find just the right team to build your home and then we will plan your marriage.  Well when all this was said. Rudy got very nervous and said let's take our time.  I said, "Rudy are you in love?" " Yes jefe I am in love."  Well I said, "What are you waiting on?"  He simply smiled and off we went praying and preparing for first his home and well now we are planning a wedding for these two childhood lovebirds. They are in the process of getting everything take care of for the civil wedding which will cost Rudy money so he is doing it as he gets the money raised.  Then after the civil wedding there will be a church wedding at Mt. Horeb. Our first wedding on Mt. Horeb.  So stay tune for the blog on this wedding.
What is so humbling about all this is if I had told God no ten years ago like I had plan on doing look at all the blessings I would have missed out on.  Rudy is definitely our family.  He respects us as well as the ministry of Mt. Horeb.  He serves his Lord first and foremost which is why he is such a solid young man.  He will make an amazing husband and father to his family.  I would have missed out on this special moment in his life if I had chosen to stay in my comfort zone and said Lord I am doing just fine serving You in North Carolina.  As Mike and I are in our tenth year God has truly blessed us with not one family but two families.  We have our natural family back in North Carolina who we love with all our heart and it is only through the power of the Holy Spirit I can be so far away from them but God has entrusted us with yet another family, our Honduran family of ten years.  Thank you God for choosing Mike and me to be your hands and feet of your Son Jesus Christ here in Honduras.  My life has forever been changed for the better.  At this point in my life I am not sacrificing anything by being here I am being changed daily for the better because of how my brothers and sisters in Christ live out their daily lives.  What a gift from God!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment